Thursday, March 27, 2014

Touch and Go, by Lisa Gardner





      About two years ago, I read my first novel by Lisa Gardner.  It was a Nook "Free Fridays" selection.  I was not familiar with her work, but it looked interesting enough to me.  To be quite honest, I can't even remember which book it was.  As soon as I completed that book, I decided I had to read everything I could by this author.  My favorite genre is mystery/suspense, and I got so carried away by her writing that I knew I would like more of her books.  So I continued to read them and have felt the same about each one so I can't even remember which one it was I liked so much that I fell for this author.  But whichever one it was, I'm glad it was free, or I would have missed out on a great writer.  It really is true....the best things is life (sometimes) are free!

     Touch and Go was not a disappointment.  Once again, I was caught up in a mystery that kept my captivated for days until I finally completed the novel.  This story begins with a married couple walking into their home after a "date night" to be attacked and abducted, along with their 15-year-old daughter.  Tessa Leoni, private investigator, is hired by the husband/father's company to find the family.  Gardner gives us a look into the intimate lives of an affluent family, and shows how some secrets can damage everything in a moment's notice.  And just when you think you understand everything and know what happened, hold old, because another twist is coming!

The Bottom Line:  Suspenseful, insightful, and just a good solid mystery.

Rating: 88

No comments:

Post a Comment