Saturday, July 12, 2014

Top Secret Twenty-One, Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum Series)




     I have read every book in the Stephanie Plum Series, so I was looking forward to #21.  I am happy to say that I was not disappointed in this latest book by Janet Evanovich.  As with every "Plum" book, I have actually laughed out loud...very loudly.  A few times while reading, I started laughing so hard I had to place the bookmark at my page in case I dropped the book.  As usual, I finished the book in approximately 24 hours, because once I started reading, I couldn't stop.  I will admit that this wasn't the very best of the series, but it definitely provided me with a good story and enough laughs to make it worth the money.

     The usual characters are present in this novel, including Stephanie, Lula, Morelli, Ranger, Grandma, and Stephanie's parents; however, the special "treat" in this one is that Randy Briggs is back!  Stephanie's "little" nemesis is absolutely hilarious, and comes running to Stephanie because her latest FTA (failure to appear),  is trying to kill him.  Ranger is also being hunted as well, and he must find out who has targeted him and his company.  This book has the typical craziness of an Evanovich novel, in the form of rabid chihuahuas, funeral home shenanigans, Russian vodka dealers, and a "bucket list" for Grandma.Although I loved the novel, Evanovich didn't wrap it up as nicely as she usually does.  The ending seemed a little rushed; I felt as if she said "okay, I'm done writing now" and added a resolution.  Despite the weak ending, I was satisfied and will look forward to the 22nd book in the series.

Bottom Line:  Gut-busting laughs in classic Evanovich style.
Overall Rating:  85


No comments:

Post a Comment