Sunday, April 30, 2017

The Child




Image result for the child fiona barton

By Fiona Barton

    

Once again, Fiona Barton completes a masterpiece!  I received an advance copy of The Child through Penguin's First to Read program.  Having read The Widow, I was excited to read another book by Fiona Barton.  Her writing is incredible and memorable.  In The Child, she weaves a story through multiple points of view, where a baby's remains are found after many years.  The mystery involves the baby's identity, as well as how the baby came to be buried in an old neighborhood that included both long-term families and transients.  There were many twists and turns in this novel, and every time I thought I knew where it was going, something else happened to change my way of thinking.  In the end, I was surprised, but as a looked back, it was a convincing end, and tied a lot of the perspectives together.  Great job!  I can't wait for her next book!

Bottom Line:  An Amazing book, by a skillful storyteller.  For mystery lovers, this is a must-read.

Rating:  92

No comments:

Post a Comment