Sunday, May 25, 2014

Save the Date, by Mary Kay Andrews

]


Save the Date is a must read summer book!  I received an advance copy of Save the Date, which will not be available until June 3rd, through a houseparty.com promotion (see review for Ladies' Night).  I generally prefer reading books with deeper themes, what I like to consider "meaty fiction".  I enjoy books that require me to think while reading, and that expand my knowledge and literary experiences (see review for Doctor Sleep or The Husband's Secret).  I've been known to enjoy a quick read, and never turn down a book by Janet Evanovich when I get the chance, but I lean more toward Literary Fiction or Suspense as my favorite genres.  Save the Date is an deviation from my norm, and I'm glad I read it.  After reading Ladies' Night, I was in the mood for another fun, enjoyable read, and Save the Date did not disappoint me!  

Save the Date follows Cara, a florist from Savannah, Georgia, who has spent the past two years trying to build her business while rebuilding her own post-divorce life.  She borrowed the money to grow her business from her domineering father, and he not only wants his money back (and fast), but he expects her to fail.  Cara faces the demands of operating a  business in a competitive locale, while also trying not to become involved with a local man who is a little damaged himself.  True to her apparent style, Mary Kay Andrews infuses her story with suspense, romance, and humor.  I so enjoyed the journey this book took me on, I couldn't put it down.  In a way, I'm a little sad that Mary Kay Andrews newest summer hit has come and gone for me, and my summer vacation hasn't even begun!

Overall score: 86
Bottom Line:  This book will surely be one of the "beach reads" of the summer season!

No comments:

Post a Comment